Thursday, March 29, 2012

Painful day but I'm not down Hearted


Just a quick note: Yesterday was a tough day. The pain was high and with the side effect of the pain medication. I slept most of the day. That is not how I want to spend what is left of my life.  The problem is constipation and the pain that is causing on top of the pain of the cancer. Fruit smoothies have been suggested. I have only found two recipes for smoothies. If any of you have recipes I would appreciate it if you could share them with me.
Let me explain the medication dries out the large intestines causing a large part of this problem.
I would like you to know that I am doing well in all the other areas.

3 comments:

  1. you don't need a recipe! just put the fruit you love in a blender, use them frozen if you want a slushier smoothie or defrosted for a smoother smoothie. you can add juices, milks, yogurt for the liquid and just add stuff until it is how you like it. thick enough for a spoon or runny enough for a straw. you could even add fiber if that is something you can have. you can also add stuff to make it even healthier like greens, flaxseed, you can get powdered Spirulina i think that is how it is spelled it is a greeen superfood i think it is a algae. you can get the extra nutrition stuff at a vitiman store or maybe even your local fancy food store, you know the really expensive one. make sure your blender can handle greens before you try it. (you can't taste them i promise i don't like green stuff but the fruit specially banana will cover any veg tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make fruit smoothies by putting 1 - 2 inches of milk at the bottom of my blender (I have one that holds 2 cups) and tossing in an apple, or pineapple, orange (peeled, of course) or any other fruit combo I can think of. If the fruit is tart, add a teaspoon or so of honey! And drink LOTS of fluids in general!
    Also, I dare not eat too many cherries when they're in season as it "loosens" me up too much - perhaps bottled cherry juice (if you can find the real thing) would be a help? Or dried plums (aka prunes).
    Hand in there & stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies,

    I want to thank both of you for your tips. I will give both of them a try and let you know how things work out. It is great to know I have this type of support. I couldn't ask for better support than this.

    ReplyDelete