Monday, April 2, 2012

March 31 through April 2nd update


Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of entries, my computer was down for routine up keep and is now working just fine once more. And this means that I am back to my scanning project, along with doing my blog and other things.

Now to update you on what the last few days have been like for me. Physically they were very rough, but spiritually they were great.  Friday evening I went to a Church Social for the single adults of our congregation. First we had a potluck dinner and then we watched the movie “Courageous”. Both were great. Then on Saturday and Sunday thanks to a device called Roku Mom and I were able to watch BYUtv on our TV and get all four sessions of General Conference from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City*.  I always enjoy listening to conference. I have not been able to decide what I like better the music or the talks. Thankfully I don’t have to choose, I get both.

Today I had my first of 16 radiation therapy treatments. It went very well, and then I met with my doctor so he could be sure I knew just how many treatments he had planned for me. Then I met with a couple of nurses about the best way to care for my skin during this therapy. Something equal to mild sunburn can result from radiation therapy. Basically they suggest fragrant free soap and body lotions.  Those that I know say that the first week of this therapy is very easy, they say that after that I can expect to get very tired. However, my brother says that after about a week that went away for him. But he was only in his 20’s, I’ll be turning 60 this year so it just might take me a little longer to bounce back. But that is okay.

I just pray that this therapy does what it is supposed to do, shrink the tumor. Then we all expect that to ease my pain. I look forward to any reduction in pain that I can get.

*General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is held the first weekend of April and October each year. Copies of the talks are latter available on the official Church website. www.lds.org




No comments:

Post a Comment