Sunday, April 29, 2012

NOT a quiet Sunday


Although for many years now I have felt that Sunday is the best day of the week today is not such a day. Why, because I am not up to attending Church. I find listening to the speakers in Sacrament, and the lessons in both Sunday School, and Relief Society very uplifting.  But thanks to modern technology I can study the scriptures here by myself which is how I plan to spend my morning.

Today was not a quiet day. My grandchildren were here and it was anything but quiet. I am glad they are going home in the morning. It is hard to have them here when I don’t feel good.

Food is starting to agree with me. Now let’s pray that it stays that way. Love to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you missed church. In my Sunday school class we had a lively discussion about whether it is better to give someone $5 or buy them a sandwich, but so long as we're giving I guess it's all good.
    Glad to hear things with food are getting better.
    We're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is very hard to say which is better the money or the food. But I do agree that giving is the point of the lesson. I also heard once that after you give you have no right to worry about how your gift is used.

    I have learned that while some you give to disappoint you others amaze you. My Home Teacher came over to see me and he and Don gave me a wonderful blessing and the Lord is helping me through this troubling time of life.

    Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I expect the chemo to be a whole lot worse than the radiation was so I am getting ready for a long tough road to walk. But with the Savior, my family and my friends by my side I know that I will make it.

    ReplyDelete