Friday, April 20, 2012

Forgot how to Count- so sad


Gee, whiz, it is bad when I can’t count to 5 correctly.  I only have 3 days of radiation therapy left. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday will be the last day. Now I think that is just three days! Today my reaction was a little different than yesterdays. I have a combination of being exhausted and an upset stomach. But neither one is too bad, either one is something I can work through. Well, not really work through just get through.

I am praying that about one week from Wednesday I will be able to get up and do more that I have done this week. I have got very little done this week. But I figure that this is normal from what I have been told about other people’s reactions to radiation.  But I feel that the biggest key is how I am going to react over the long run to having the cancer.

Now it seems strange to me but some pairs of slacks that I didn’t think would be comfortable on me now are! My question is; Is this a sign that the tumor has actually started to shrink like we wanted it to? That would be a miracle and one I will accept with anthems of thank you’s and amens.

For all of you who have been praying for me to have a miracle you just might need to, Thank the Lord, because I think He has granted me one. I also need to say thank you to each of you for your faith and prayers in my behalf.

Does this mean that I will get to live longer? I don’t know, but if it allows me to have the physical comfort I need to complete the task He sent me here to do that is enough for me to sing His praises. I pray that if this is the miracle His has granted me at this time that each of you will join me in singing Praises to Our Lord and King.

I feel that I must say a huge thank you to Him for allowing modern medicine to advance to where it is today. I am also grateful for living in a part of the world where that medical knowledge is available to me. I can’t help but think about our brothers and sisters who live in the third world countries of this planet and die of illness’ that are not even thought of by those of us who live here in the United States. Just living here is a miracle and a great blessing. It is not one to take lightly. We should each be grateful to be alive in this time period. Being born in the USA just 60 years ago could have been a death sentence for some people. The Children of women who had RH- factor usually were born died. But 12 years later they knew just what to do for those children. Somehow I was born when that should have killed me. But it did not, and 12 years later my little brother was born and the medical world knew just what to do for him.  Just 12 years of medical advancements made a huge change in just this one area. I have no idea just how many other advancement were made in those same 12 years but I am sure that there where many.


3 comments:

  1. Aren't you glad you miscounted high instead of low? It would be awful to have more treatments left than you expected, but having fewer to do must feel like a bit of a reprieve.

    On the subject of 3rd world diseases--there was a warning on the TV news here about recognizing the signs of Cholera. How's that for a disease you don't see in the USA anymore? Don't worry about me--I drink bottled water and soft drinks only, not tap water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear good news. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear that you have the you are wise enough to spend the extra and get bottled water. You are very right about the miscount being on the high side instead of the low.

    Cathy, Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Please drop me a note when you get the chance. Give my love to all.

    ReplyDelete