Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kidney News


Today has been a very good day. I learned more about my kidney “failure” at this time it is not something anyone has to worry about.

Here are the facts; the tumor has caused damage to my left kidney, also radiation is causing damage to that same kidney. Then at the beginning of the month I was slightly dehydrated and diagnosis with A-Fib. Radiation sometimes causes the tumor to swell; this also can cause damage to the kidney. All of these factors effected how my left kidney worked. This all makes sense to me.

My kidney doctor, (who by the way, also took the time to read some of this blog! What a cool doc is this. I really like this guy.) He showed me a graft and explained to me where my kidney function was back in February and where it went during radiation treatment, (which ends tomorrow). Although the kidney didn’t work very well during the radiation when you think of the things that are damaging the kidney wouldn’t be strange if my kidney did work just fine? I think that it would be very strange if the kidney worked normally with all this going on in my body. However, the doctor feels that once the radiation is done, the A-Fib seems to be under control, I am not taking any medications that would goof up my kidney function, and therefore the kidney should get back to “normal” for a kidney with some cancer in it.

So let’s all say Hurray! And count this has just one of the many blessing God has showered me with over the course of my lifetime. To me it seems that this has been an answer to the prayers all of us have offered in my behalf so let me say a great big THANK YOU, to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment