Monday, April 16, 2012

1/2 baked with radiation


Okay, I am just over half way through my radiation and it has started taking its toll on me. I am feeling dizzy a lot and I am getting nauseous. I was just talking to three of my grandchildren and I found a picture of the machine they use for my radiation therapy and showed it to them. Here is the website for anyone who is interested in looking at it. I lay flat and the machine moves around me. (http://news.cnet.com/8301-27083_3-20016766-247.html.) These girls asked me if I would be willing to go bald if it could make me healthy and I told them of course. Now I just told them that for 10 minutes each day for 16 days I am willing to lay on that hard table to be healthy. I have done 9 treatments has of today. Six more to go then we have to wait until June to find out just how much good this has had on me.

It is a great to be able to have such talks with some of my grandchildren. I just wish I could talk to all them this way. I pray that all of you who have questions understand that you can ask them via this blog so that when I am having a good day I can try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

I feel that I need to say thank you again for the prayers, cards, laughs, and balloons that are being sent my way.  For any of you who have not actually sent me a card but have posted kind thoughts via facebook, that count has cards to me. They all touch my heart very deeply. Please know that I am NOT someone special, I am not much different than each of you, well, maybe a little crazier than most.  It is my prayer that the Lord will bless each of you along your roads of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment