Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Doctors, Doctors everywhere a Doctor!!


Well, I tried a very small change with my meds. I took the anti-vomiting medication about an hour before the radiation treatment instead waiting until after. It worked much better than the other way.  I told the technicians about last night talk with my girls about my radiation treatments. I was very surprised to learn that they can come in and watch the ladies get me all set up and then they would have to leave the room. They were very excited about that. I think it is wonderful that the medical world has come to understand that all forms of cancer affect the entire family a great deal. It is also great that they are willing to help to try and take the fear out of the treatments.

This afternoon I saw my PCP, she is a fabulous person! What I expected to be a half hour appointment turned into a 3 hour visit. When I got there it turns out that my blood pressure had dropped down very low. 88/62 not very healthy! They gave me a liter of fluid, over the course of 1 hour. She got my BP up to 104/60. A little bit saver for me.

Before this I never understood just how busy people were when they are being treated for cancer. It is hard to find time for yourself, and be feeling good enough to then actually do something. I look forward to next Wednesday, the last day of radiation.

Thanks for standing by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment