Monday, April 23, 2012

Radiation: Two Days Left !!!


Well, today has started to be a ride up on the rollercoaster. I guess knowing that I only have two more treatments makes me feel good. I saw my doctor, the Radiology Oncologist and he explained to me that sometimes the tumor swells during the treatment increasing the pain. He says that after the treatments are completed the swelling goes down before any noticeable shrinkage of the tumor, so in just a few days my increased pain may go back down. That was a very interesting thing to learn. I like knowing what is going on within my body. I need to say that the team of technicians who have cared for me have been a great bunch of gals. If I need more radiation in the future then I hope I get the same team.

I think one of the ways that the day is going better is because I started the day listening to uplifting music and talks. While I can expect that what each person finds uplifting may be different, I still think it is very important. For me I want spiritual things to lift me. The words of the Savior or teachings about Him bring me great peace and help me to face whatever the day has to bring.

To all of you, may I suggest that you find whatever lifts you up and start your day by listening to something that brings you peace before you leave your bedroom? I don’t believe that this will solve anyone’s problem, but I do believe that it will make the problem of the day easier to deal with.

I believe that I am supposed to learn from everything I have ever gone through. Well I have given that a lot of thought. I cannot sit here and say in 19XX I went through x y or z and it taught me this or that. However, I can say that since 1952 I think I have learned a great deal. I have also been told that the people around me have or will learn from what they watch me go through. I have no idea who will learn what from my having cancer. But I do pray that whatever you do learn will be of help to you or maybe your family.

I do not feel like I am anyone special, I think one of the things that sets me aside from others with cancer is my wiliness to talk about it. If so and that helps anyone at all. Weather I know you or not than I am glad to be of help. I think I am a simple person with a very simple faith in my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am certain that if I did not know the Savior then I would handle all of this very differently.

Knowing where I am going when my mortal body gives out this fight gives me great comfort. I am not afraid and part of me looks forward to seeing old friends and family members. Just this weekend a dear friend passed on. Although I will miss him I am comforted in knowing that when it is time I will see him again.

I guess today is one of my long winded days. I hope that you are okay with me sharing all of these feelings. I hope this gives you clear insight into how I am really doing with all of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment