Thursday, March 8, 2012

My Testimony of the Lord, Jesus Christ


Many of you have said that you find me to be an inspiration. I don’t feel like I am anyone to look up to. I don’t feel that I should be admired either. I simply feel that I am a person who loves the Lord Jesus Christ and I am trying to follow His teachings to the best of my abilities.

On Wednesday afternoon, of this week, my son Don Jr. stopped by and gave me a blessing of comfort. I am very grateful that my son has the Priesthood so that he can give me these blessing. I expect to ask for these blessing a lot in whatever time I have left here on earth.

On Monday, February 20th, two men from my Church came to the hospital, anointed my head with a drop of consecrated Olive Oil, and gave me a blessing for my health. We do NOT wait until one is dying to do this. In these blessing the Lord is asked; if it is His will to make the sick person better. Also in this prayer the men ask the Lord to bless all the medical staff to give the sick person the very best care they can.

I feel that I should explain for those of you who are not members of my Church.  We do not have any paid clergy in our Church.  About 90% of the adult men in our Church hold the priesthood. These men can’t use the Priesthood for their own benefit. They can only use it to help others, if one of these men becomes ill they must call on other men to give them these blessing.

I also would like to explain that I believe that I lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in heaven before coming here to earth. I also believe that I was asked to accept certain conditions while here on earth so that all of the people on the earth can grow closer to the Lord.

I believe that before I came to earth I was asked by the Lord to accept two things. The first was to have the learning disability know has alpha dyslexia; the second was to have this form of cancer.

I believe that I agreed to do this because at that time I understood why the Lord wanted me to do this. In the Holy Bible we are told that we will not be asked to deal with anything we cannot handle with the help of the Lord.

I don’t remember being asked to do this but I do believe I was asked and that I said yes. I also believe that I had a better understanding of why up there in what we call the Pre-existence. This is a major factor in my attitude in dealing with this illness. When I think of all that the Lord has done for me I think this is a small thing that He is asking me to do for Him.

For those of you who do not belong to my Church if what I have said here causes you to have questions please feel free to ask me, (email me at srshultis@live.com) or you can go to the official church website: www.lds.org (the website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) There you can look up our believes or contact the Church and request that Missionaries come to your home to teach you. Just because you request the missionaries does NOT mean that you MUST join our Church it just gives you a couple of people to talk to face to face about what we believe.

The best thing that I ever did in my life was to listen to the missionaries, pray about what they taught, and then join the Church. In the Book of Mormon the prophet Moroni gives each and every one of us a promise that if we ask Jesus in faith through the Holy Ghost we can know the truth. (see Book of Mormon, Moroni 10:3-5)


No comments:

Post a Comment