Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday's "Ride"


What was Saturday like, a bad rollercoaster ride. The day started with great pain! My pain meds just were NOT knocking down the pain to a level I could handle. So I called the doctor’s office. The on call doctor called back and told me I could double my medication. I checked just how much medication I had and doubling the dose would last me until about noon on Monday. So I did. Then I took a nap.

After about 1 ½ hours I was able to get up and do things. In fact I got a lot done. Several pages where scanned into the computer and then with help I worked on cleaning out some of the stuff I had stored in an unused bedroom.

By supper time the pain was back. We had ordered a pizza. I ate a half of a peanut butter sandwich to hold me and took more medication. Oh, that did not sit well, before I could finish my supper I felt light headed, dizzy and sick to my stomach. So I went back to bed.

A short while after I went up to bed a pair of Elders from the Church stopped by. When I realized who was downstairs visiting with my Mom, I went down. I needed a blessing for health. So they gave me a blessing.

A couple of weeks ago they had stopped by and I had told them about my health condition and that all they could do was pray and send cards. I told them however, to just fold a sheet of paper in half and make their own card. They did just that. The card is great. These two young men know the scriptures and gave the card a lot of deep thought.

The quoted from the Book of Mormon, all of Helaman 5:12 “And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his might storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is the sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.”

They then illustrated this verse, showing the devil the storm and the whirlwind, then they drew a stick figure of me with my hands up to stop the devil and placed a picture of Jesus by me. Under the picture they reassured me that the Lord will walk with me through my battle with cancer.

I didn’t read the card until a few hours after they had left and the blessing had started to work. I feel that these two young men for a moment were angels sent by the Lord to help me in my hour of need. It is great to know that there are men in the world who are in tune with the Spirit of the Lord and allow Him to guide them to those who need them.

I am sure that some people would call my entire day a bad day, but I don’t. Although a good part of the day was bad, I think I will focus on the good parts of the day.

I have friends and family who are gathering around mom and I and helping us in little ways while we walk down these crazy path. What more can I ask for? Only that I can learn something while taking this journey

No comments:

Post a Comment