Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Best Day of the Week


The Best Day of the Week

Sunday is the best day of my week. I love going to Church, I need the lessons, but right now I need the fellowship even more. It was very comforting to see how many are truly concerned about my welfare.

It was interesting to learn that one Sister, (in our Church all the adults are called Brother or Sister, instead of Mr. and Mrs.) at Church told me that she checks my blog twice a day. This came from a lady I am not very close to. She is in the same age bracket has my children.

One of the sisters told me that her dad had kidney cancer and they learned that writing notes each after each doctor’s visit. She said it helped them keep track of which doctor said what and when. So I will try to go back and see if I can do that.

This morning about 7 am I took my pain medication, I was hoping that it would take effect before I left for Church. However, it did not feel any better. I went to Church anyway, then about 11 am I took another dose of medication. About an hour later I felt light headed, weak, and dizzy. Seeing has the Relief Society President, is also an RN, I pulled her out of our meeting and asked her if I needed to call my doctor about this. She said I did not need to call the doctor.

Relief Society is one of the oldest woman’s organizations that exist. The purpose of the organization is to care for the needy. When I say care for the needy, I am talking about all kinds of needs, physical, medical, financial along with spiritual.  All ladies of the Church are members of the Relief Society once they turn 18 years old. If you want to learn more about Relief Society please go to the official website of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (www.lds.org), and look for a section on Relief Society.

On Sunday’s we have a class and we study our religion. The men study out of the same manual. But it is really interesting to think about how they get the lessons from the vantage point of men, while we get it from the woman’s vantage point.

The friendship that I have with the other members of my Church is one of the greatest blessings I have.

However, I feel very certain that I have two blessing that very few women can count. Just how many have ex-spouses, to your children that would be there for you while you battle cancer? I have three sons, sadly two are divorced, yet each of the ex-wives are there for me if I need them. In fact one is now living with my Mom and I and being very helpful. What a great blessing she is to our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment