Monday, March 26, 2012

Daily Distractions


Hi friends:
Well, it is Monday, today has been a good day.  I was having a problem with my health insurance coverage. However, today it has been resolved. So now there is one less thing for me to worry about.
Now if only I could get the SSI process completed. But I am sure that will work out soon enough. I just hate waiting, but that is what I have to do right now. So please don’t worry about it. It is just normal government paperwork.
I was able to get some work done on my scanning project. That is always a good thing. I feel very encouraged about the project. My older brother sent me some photos from Manila and there Cemetery for Americans. They have the names of all the Americans who were listed has MIA in that part of the world during WWII. My Mom’s cousin is one of those. These names are on several columns in the Cemetery. My brother found her cousin’s name and took photos of it. I am going to put them into my genealogy program, and of course connect them to this man. He went down with the submarine the USS Scorpion. Sadly he was married, but they never had any children.
I love to add any stories I can obtain about the individuals on my family tree. I feel that we need to remember those who came before us are not just names and dates. They are people they had good times and bad times just like us. Sometimes I think we can get courage from their stories to deal with our own tough times.
I hope you will understand that I don’t want to dwell on my illness. My pain is a little on the high side. But I want to let you know that I try to focus my attention on other things than my pain. I believe that by focusing on my other activities it will be easier to deal with the pain.  It is my hope that by seeing how I cope with things you will understand what is getting me through each day.
Maybe by knowing how I distract myself from my problems you might find ways to deal with the problems in your own life. Let’s face it each and every one of us has problems some large, some small. But I know that in some cases what seems small to one might seem large to someone else.
By the way, if any of you have any other ideas on how I can distract myself from my illness. I would like to know about it. Just keep in mind I want ones that have little or no major costs. Although I love, really love, genealogy even that can become a little boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment