Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kidney Doctor Visit


Kidney Doctor

This afternoon I saw a kidney doctor, he told me that there is a small mass on my left kidney; it is because the tumor on my adrenal gland has spread. At this time my kidney function is normal. He explained that there is no way that radiation can be done on my adrenal tumor and not affect my left kidney. But now I think that is a good thing.

He is the first doctor to make any reference at all about my emotional, spiritual and family health. I am very glad that he recognized that these health issues are part of my life. And that he told me about the mass in my kidney. I must say I wonder why the other doctors did not mention it. Oh wait a minute, I wonder if it was mentioned before this and I missed it. When you hear news like this you don’t always hear everything that is said to you.

This doctor wants to see me after my three weeks of radiation therapy that should start on Monday or Tuesday. To check on my kidney function, that way if there is any change we can see what if anything can be done.

So to sum it all up I have another good day. For which I thank the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment