Monday, March 12, 2012

Sleepy, Monday

Hi

Today is the 2nd day in a row that the pain has woken me up.

Wearing maternity pants is an idea that I just thought of. The waistband of regular pants is very painful. So tomorrow I think I will go to Savers and see if I can find a couple of pairs and see if that helps.Yesterday I wore a jumper and blouse instead of a skirt and blouse and it was much more comfortable. 

I am hoping, and praying, that the treatment the doctors want to do will shrink my tumor and allow me to be in less pain!

I am anxious waiting to hear the results of the doctor's "pow wow" about me,(that won't be held until tomorrow). I have always hated waiting.  But, of course, I must wait.

There is nothing new in my life expect for paperwork needed to be filed out so that I could apply for the different benefits that are available to me.

I have received several cards and notes from many of you and they have helped to keep my spirits up. I look forward to hearing from all of you and to lots laughs.

Crazy Suzie

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Suzie, we are thinking about you here in the Philippines, and Mexi and I send our love. Keep punching and fighting, the battle is not lost when you get knocked down, but when you stop getting up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a joke, but a funny story from life here in the Philippines: Yesterday I took a cab to the nearby mall--a little too far to walk in the heat and humidity. I'd taken a cab there before, but always with Mexica, and I knew the fare would be between 40-45 pesos (about 42 pesos make a dollar). Well, yesterday I rode alone and the cab driver asked me for 100 pesos--double fare--I think because he thought I didn't know any better. I told him 40 was right and he just smiled and took the 2 20 peso notes I offered him.

    I stand out here as an American (or at least European--there are a lot of Australians here, too), and there is a tendency to try to take advantage of me sometimes. On the other hand, yesterday also, Mexi and I were leaving the building together and Real Estate agent who handled our rental saw us and said "Good Afternoon, Sir", but did not say anything to Mexica--and that kind of bothered me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your story. It gave me a smile, something I can never have enough off. Please trust that I am still a fighter. The treatment I have mentioned is something I am very hopeful about.

    I feel a little overwhelmed with all the paperwork that applying for help requires. But I am getting through them.

    Thank you very very much for posting a comment.

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete