Thursday, March 15, 2012

Having a Good Day

Today has had a great start and I look forward to it continuing to be a great day. Nothing special is going on. I got a great nights sleep last night. I slept for 7 straight hours.

Knowing what the battle plan is has had a very calming effect on me. Already today I have gotten things done that I have been trying to get to for days. Earlier in one of my blogs I told how I want to get all my notes scanned into the computer and saved. (This house just doesn't have room for all the paper I've gathered in 48 years of research.) So I got up this morning needing to take more medication and I stayed up for a couple of hours and spent most of that time scanning these notes.

I also want to read from the scriptures on a daily basis, and listen to at least one conference address from a past General Conference of the Church. I also want to listen to good relaxing music. I believe that these things will help to give me comfort and keep me calm.

(General Conference: For my friends and family who are not Latter-Day Saints, twice a year a general conference is held in Salt Lake City, it can be seen on many tv stations, or via on the internet.  The leaders of the Church speak to us giving us council on how to live a happy and spiritual life. For the past several years for my birthday and Christmas my Mom has given me CD's or DVD's of these conferences for me to listen to. I hate to read. These conference are held the first weekend of April and October every year. We always get to hear at least one talk from the man we believe to be a modern day Prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson. Although I try to listen to the talks live, I also really enjoy listening to them over again. At the moment I am listening to the talks from last October's conference, and looking forward to this April's conference. These conferences are open to the public if you live in the New England area the hours for these meeting are Saturday, March 31st Noon to 2 pm, and 4 pm to 6 pm, then the same hours on Sunday, April 1st.) 

It is my belief that each person who is dealing with anything like I am must find their own way to find comfort and calmness in their lives.  However, this blog is about how I am handling this. If anyone reading this is also facing trying times I respect the fact that they will need to find the music and books and other items that will bring them peace and comfort.

If any of you have other ideas for things that I could listen to that would make me laugh, relax me or otherwise calm me please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment