Monday, March 5, 2012

Sadly the Test Results are here

Well, the news is in and it is not good.

The test results confirm that I have Adrenal Cortical Caner at stage 4!!

Surgery is only a minor option. There is no chance of surgery curing me. Because of the likely hood that other organs are involved, it increases the chances of complications to the surgery. Bringing the chance of complications up to 50%!  It is also very questionable if surgery would improve the quality of life.

The doctor, (Dr. Jabiev; endocrine surgery, "Dr. J") says that I have about 2 years to live. I told him that I want to participate in any clinical trials that I can. They are not doing any trials at Baystate Medical Center. He is going to contact the doctors at the Dana-Faber Cancer Center to see if they are doing any trials I could participate in.

He,("Dr. J") says that I am very courageous wanting to be part of clinical trials. I also told him that I want to donate my body to science world after I am done with it.

The doctor, ("Dr. J") has tentatively planed surgery for me on March 14th. They would then go in laposcopicly  with a camera and see if they can tell if the tumor can be resected. But first he is going to consult with other doctors from other specialties. Unless they give me a real good reason not to have the surgery I think I will go ahead with it.

The biggest question is what will my quality of life be after the surgery.  I have time between now and the 14th to change my mind.

If you are the type to pray, and I know some of my friends and family are not, please pray that what ever time I have left will be a good quality of life, NOT a longer life. I would also request your prayers that I will be able to accomplish the goals that I have listed below.

I want to thank each one of you for your love and friendship.

MY ATTITUDE

Okay, don't pity me!

Although if I die in two I will only be 62 years old, I believe that my life has been very fulfilling. I am at peace with the Lord. I found Him long ago. Will I make it to the Celestial Kingdom? I don't know, but I don't think that there is a huge change that I need to make in my life to get there.  My Latter-Day Saint friends and family will understand this best but I will say how I feel anyway. I believe that my mission here was to do a great deal of genealogical research. I have been working on tracing my family tree since I was 12 years old. Between now and my death I want to take all of my information and scan it into my computer and then burn it onto a memory stick, or two. I pray that someone in my family will want to have the information.

I will make scanning my information a top priority in the remainder of my life. One of the things that I have done in the last few years that has brought me great joy, is to donate my time and knowledge at the Glasgow Scottish Games, each summer in Northampton; MA. It looks like this summer may be my last year. I will start looking for someone to take over my genealogy booth. While I am still alive I will do what I can to help whomever is interested in taking over my booth.

If any of you know anyone living in the Western Mass area that might be interested in taking over my booth please contact either them or me or both of us.

I also want to take all of my family photos and scan them and save them onto a memory stick.  I would like to find the time to scrap book some of those photos. Anyone in the area that would like to help me your help would be very welcome.

I think I will also write a letter to my family about my love for them and my love of the Lord.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Aunt Suzie,

    Just wanted to let you know Wendy and I are thinking of you out here on the West Coast. You are loved. Can you send me your address via email (dhshultis@gmail.com).

    Good thoughts,

    David

    ReplyDelete