Thursday, March 1, 2012

What I have learned so Far!!

I figure that many of you may have done your own research on my illness so I thought I would let you know that I know what you are finding out on the web.


What I have learned is very scary. Leave it to me to get an extremely rare form of cancer!!!

According to The ATAC Research Fund website (www.adrenalcancer.org) only 1 out of 1.7 million get this form of cancer!!! So in the last 40 years little progress in treatment has been made.

What does this mean for me? My odds are not very good, if I am at stage 4, which the doctor thinks I am at, (we will know more on Monday), I may have less than a year to live.

NOW WAIT ONE MINUTE  I don't like those odds so I am going to FIGHT!!!

But make no mistake this makes me more scared than I was yesterday. I think I will look into what they are experimenting with for treatments. I don't think I have much to loose.

A friend who is a nurse practitioner stopped by today with some information and it will take me a while to read and digest it all.  But at least now I know what I am up against.  I finally told my Mom what I have been told and she was not surprised. I had thought about sparing her feelings until the doctors told me for certain on Monday, but we got talking and the right moment came so I told her.

Boy did I hate to tell you she most likely will have to watch me die. What a rotten thing to have to tell your mother. Please pray for her to have the strength needed to stay by my side. She won't leave me now unless she was dragged away.

Dear friends and family please do NOT feel like to have to soft soap what is going on. Don't "walk on eggshells" with me. The best way to help me through all this is to help me deal with the facts and then move forward.


Right now I wish I had a great big chocolate bar! I think it would make me feel better, no it wouldn't heal me, but it would help my emotions. Oh well, maybe I will get one tomorrow.

I know this is a sad update but it is one that I think I needed to post.  I really hope that in some way the medical world can learn something to help others by my going through this. If it can help just one person I would be very happy and feel that it was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. We Love you Suzie!! hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This monster is truly a beast, but you ARE a fighter. We love you. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete