Saturday, March 10, 2012

Another tough day


Saturday 10 March 2012

I called this blog the roller coaster for a reason. I knew that from now on how I would feel each day would be likely go up and down like a crazy amusement ride. Today has been a yucky day. Not really a bad day but I have felt better. An annoying headache and a stomach ache. My pain from the tumor is about the same. I guess what bothers me the most is that from all I have heard and read I will feel worse than this when I get to the stage of having chemotherapy.

Emotionally, I have sadly realized that like a person of about 70 I needs to decide who should have my earthly belongs. I also need to decide what needs to just be tossed or recycled.

For those of you who are reading this please do NOT pity me. Try instead to understand my emotions at this time.

Any encouraging thoughts would be great, but if you don’t know what to say that is okay just pray for me instead.

Sorry, I realize this entry is a bit of a downer, but I feel that it is good for my friends and family to have some idea what the reality of my life is like now.

It is my hope that some good can come from you learning the truth of my day to day feelings. If this knowledge helps you support anyone else battling any life threatening illness than I will feel that I have done some good.

Although I do not feel good, I am very full of love for my family and friends; and for the Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Not a downer ... just a reminder of how incredibly practical and down to earth you've always been. As far as divying out the family treasures, etc. I read an article once about a couple who downsized absolutely everything when they hit retirement age and they started by asking each kid to make a list in order of importance of what things they wanted. Then, they could take each list and prioritize, so the kids got the treasures they really wanted ... just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,

    Thanks for sharing that great idea. Sometimes I wonder if I have been to practical and down to earth all my life. But on the other hand I am happy with the way I have lived my life.

    I can think of two reasons for me to start divvying up my stuff. I had already realized that financially I could not keep the house after Mom passes. Then I would need a very small apartment. Therefore down size. Now it is anyone's guess who will go to heaven first Mom or me. So I want to take my time and do this without a lot of pressure ( a deadline).

    If anyone else has ideas on how to divvy up my stuff I am open to hearing them.

    ReplyDelete