Monday, September 3, 2012

September 3rd 2012



Labor Day 2012

Last night I had a strange experience. I went to prepare my night feed, what a core at first. The process includes filling a bag with the formula. This bag has a two part G Tube that connects to the G tube in my body.  The first section of the tubing is very short and goes into a section that goes into a pump that runs everything through the night. This pump also primes the second section of the tubing. I could not get the formula to prime into the first section it keep going back into the bag. But when it did come out the formula seemed to have a strange texture. I even enlisted help from my Mom but no luck. At first I thought about just switching the bag, but Mom said she thought there could be something wrong with the formula and suggested I throw it all out. I took her advice. The next bag with new cans of formula primed through just fine and the feed went event less.

One of my nieces has inspired me. She gave herself a project of getting 100 items out of her house every day for 100 days.  I do need to clean out my belongs also,  so others won’t have to do it.  My plan is to go through 1 small box each day for the next month.

Since I started the night feedings I have noticed that I have more energy. I believe that it is because I am getting more and better nutrition.  I know that I do not have has much energy has others my age, but that is why I am only going to empty SMALL boxes. I hope you will all support me in this project.  I am going to use the ideas they show on an HGTV show, sort the items into the following boxes; keep, throw out, give to charity. (I do not have the energy to have a tag sale!) I also have no place to keep all that stuff until I am done going through all my stuff.

I can’t figure out why but for the last two nights my dinner has not stayed down.  I am not eating a lot of food at any one time. And I think I am pacing myself very carefully with what I do around the house. This is going to drive me nuts.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck going through small boxes! It seems to take more mental/emotional energy than it does physical energy, but either energy can drain a person pretty fast!

    We just spent all weekend trying to clean up before starting school - we made a dent, but it only seems to highlight what still needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support. You are very right about how much drain it will be and how it shows just how much needs to be done. But it has to be done! I hope to have a lot for the swap at Church later this month, or it will go off to Savers.

    (Savers is a thrift store run by the Boys & Girls Club, they use their profit to fund their programs.)

    ReplyDelete