Monday, September 17, 2012

Oh what a good night's sleep will do.



A Better Day

Today was a better day than yesterday.  I think a good night's sleep has a lot to do with how I feel today. It seems very strange to have the curtain up between my “bedroom” and the living room, but I do like it. Brooke bought curtains that had a room darkening lining so that the light in the living room would not bother me when Mom gets up at night to read. We had already worked it out but this is even better.

One of the nice things about using a curtain has our “wall” is it allows me to sit in the living room while I have my feeding going in the evening. I just wheel the IV pole up to the back of my chair. Then I walk around into the living room and hook myself up, turn on the pump and sit down. I can then continue to visit with Mom and get my feeding at the same time. Or we could watch something on TV, if we could find something worth watching, that doesn’t happen too often.

My stomach was still a little “off” today and I ended up taking two naps instead of just one but that is okay with me. I still went through a box today along with writing some letters I wanted to write. I feel very good about what I got done today. I also feel that I did a good job of listening to my body and doing what it told me to do. I would encourage EVERYONE, sick or not to learn to listen to your body now and it could help you greatly to stay healthy, not just to get through an illness.

The Lord’s blessing to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment