Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My hole in the driveway



My Money Pit

I have a family member, who use to, talk way over my head. He is brilliant and much better educated than I am. But one thing he said when I was young was he said was that “a car is a hole in the driveway that you keep putting money into” That is one thing I did understand. He is so right about it.  BUT my car problem turned out not to be very expensive a total of $50.00, my son had to do a few things to the car but the big problem was to change the idle setting. That is a great price. 

Today I got a big surprise from the RMV. On October 20th my license is going to be suspended. The notice they sent me says for: complaint medical. I looked it up on the RMV website and because I could be a danger driving while taking my medication they will suspend my license. It seems that because I take a controlled narcotic for my pain must be reported to them and then you have to turn in your driver’s license. So I am going to call the RMV and see if I turn in my license and get a State ID, if that will resolve the issue.  I think that will solve this little problem. I will print out the needed form and fill it out before I go to the local registry to do it.  But this was a big surprise getting a notice from them, I haven’t driven in over 4 or 5 months. But my car is still on the road so they don’t know that.  I think that it is good that they are trying to protect the people by getting people like me off the road before we can hurt anyone.

Isn’t life crazy?

2 comments:

  1. how did they know you are on medications? isn't that private medical info? i mean i agree people should take narcotics and drive but most people like you come to the conclusion themselves. i am just confused as to why your medical info was shared? did you give permission?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that either the doctor's or the pharmacy must be under some regulation that after the prescribe or fill so many prescriptions they must report it to the RMV. My visiting nurse asked me about my driving and I told her that I stopped driving a few months ago when I got put on the narcotics. Like you said I came to that conclusion on my own. I don't believe that I gave permission to anyone. But maybe it is like reporting child abuse they just do it.

    I am okay with this because I had already given up driving. Thanks for your concern. I was very confused about all of it until I looked things up on the state website.

    ReplyDelete