Sunday, September 2, 2012

A New Month to Enjoy



Start of September

A lovely day at Church with great friends and I head great messages. I sat beside one of the Lord’s special children, (Moey), she slept peacefully on my shoulder. She rarely talks. But after the resurrection I am sure she will have plenty to say and I will want to hear every word of it. I believe that she will have a great deal to teach all of us.

Since technology has taken down most of the barrier for my reading problem I am now able to go after my desire to gain more knowledge. It is wonderful to be able to listen to talks or books on just about any subject. When I was young it was really hard on me not knowing what others were referring to. People would make comments that had to do with classic literature and I would have no idea what they meant. I felt very left out of what was going on around me. But now I know that I can try and find that book and try to listen to it. I have also grown the confidence to ask more questions about what is being said. I just couldn’t do that when I was young. None of us knew why I was different so I was labeled stupid. But now understanding that I am a dyslexic gives me the courage to ask for help with something. Not knowing what was wrong, or should I say different about me for over 35 years was very rough on my self-esteem. I was often given manual tasks to do because I was thought of has stupid that tore my self-esteem down even more. Now I hate to see that done to others. I was made to feel like I was only good enough to be a servant to others.

It was great to learn about people from the past and the good they did, during tough times. We studied some ladies who lead our Relief Society from WWI through WWII. Not only the leaders but the ladies under them did some wonderful things while suffering through tough times themselves. What a great example to mankind. 

Nothing remarkable happened in my life, which is a good thing. I like nice quiet days. We had a small shower put it barely wet the ground. 

 May we all be kept save and have a great day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment