Friday, September 14, 2012

No further plan for radiation



Saying Good-bye

Today I saw my radiologist and he made it clear that unless there is a major change in my condition there is nothing else he can do for me. He said that I was a delightful patient.  The growth to the left of my neck seems to have shrunk as far as it is going to. He did assure me that if I thought he could be of any help to me that he wanted me to call him.

My nurse came this afternoon and she came to the same conclusion that I have come to and that is that 500 ml of formula at night is just too much for my body at this time. So I am to back it down to 450 ml per night. That works well with my body so I am very happy that we are in agreement.  I lost weight this week and she feels that it is because I have been unable to eat table food for a few days. Being cared for by a nurse who desires to help me enjoy whatever I have left in life is a great comfort to me.  She got a little concerned when I told her of my plan to clean out my stuff. She said she thought I was jumping the gun a bit. But when I explained that Brooke and the girls need the space she seemed to relax. The next time I talk to her I think I need to reassure her that I am in NO hurry to die.

Today taking my medications by my G tube upset my stomach and came up on me. Then I could not eat until late afternoon. I had a snack and a very small serving of dinner. I hope that tomorrow I can eat more table food throughout the course of the day.

Over all I have had a very good day and look forward to many more. I did get one small box cleaned out today, so my project is moving forward nicely. What a great feeling it is to be successful on a large project.

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Suzie
    Thank you. You are quite inspiring.
    I love you
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzie - I have to tell you that I read your blog each day to get my inspirational lift. You just pop into my mind whenever I start to feel "complainy" and I realize that if you can continue being so upbeat, I can make a better effort! Thanks for being the very extra-special person that you are!!
    Love, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am not sure what it is that I am saying or doing that you folks are finding so inspirational. However, if my day to day life lifts you than I am very happy.

    I just don't know any other way to deal with what is happening to me. I guess that for me instead of the glass being half full maybe, I am only guessing, maybe my glass is 3/4th full. I just praise the Lord for all the blessings He is sending my way through other people.

    The support of you and others is a great help to me keeping my upbeat attitude. Thank you for that.

    Love to both of you,
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete