Friday, September 7, 2012

If it is Friday, then my Nurse came



Katie’s Visit

My nurse, Katie, comes every Friday, she changes the port needle,(that is for the IV for my pain medication), and checks everything else to make sure I am doing alright. She also calls me a couple of times a week. She is great about checking with me about exactly how much medication is left in my machine. She does not want me to run out. She is also great about doing what she can to keep me in supplies. Sadly the supply house doesn’t always send what Katie asks for, and sometimes they don’t send as many as she want. But it is nice for me because she fights with the supply house not me. We get along so well that I know I can call her for anything and at almost any time, she seems to feel she can trust me to know what an emergency is and what can wait
.  
I am also happy about the project I created for myself. So far every day I have gotten a small box from upstairs and gone through it. I can actually see progress in my old bedroom. But I have not started going through the stuff that is emotional. Today I just went through a lot of office supplies and other stuff that had collected on my desk. Over half of the stuff I threw out and there is not attachment to any of that stuff. 

Tomorrow should be a great after noon; my cousins on my Dad’s side of the family are coming to visit again. They are trying to get my Aunt to come too. 

I hope you each had a great day today. Mine was good one, I did learn that I can’t eat hot dogs unless they are the skinless kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment