Thursday, August 16, 2012

Scary Sounds in the Morning


Falling Tree Branches

This morning started with a load crash. It turned out to be a large branch came down in our neighbor’s driveway. It was a branch that they were worried about, but didn’t have the means to remove it themselves. They tried to get the city to take the branch down because it was just above a wire of some sort, but no, the city would not do it. Well, nature finally took it down. It was not raining, or windy, although we had a couple days of heavy rains and wind in the last few days. 

Our neighbors were very blessed. The branch came down right beside their van and although a small branch off the larger one did hit the van it did not do any damage.
We are blessed, that branch did take down the wire the neighbors were worried about. That wire was connected to our house. When the branch came down the wire was cut. Part of it wrapped around the end of the branch. Another part whipped back toward our house. It came about 8 to 10 feet from hitting the living room windows, right where my Mom was sitting. There is a metal clamp on the end of it. I think if that clamp had hit the window it would have shattered it. 

Our neighbors have now cut up the branch and thrown the parts into the woods across the road. Tomorrow I think I will wind up the wire and put it by the side of the house just under the box it is attached to. 

Mom called Comcast about it and they can’t get anyone out to look at it until Saturday. We are not without any type of power; we have electricity, cable, internet and phone service so we think that this wire is very old and was not being used in any way.

Now to me, the discoloration of the food tube was just residue from the canned formula and my nurse taught me how to clean it out of the tube. So I have nothing to worry about and that makes me very happy and relaxed. For the most part food has agreed with me today. Basically I just had a wet burp, like a little child, this morning when I had some water after the last of my formula. But that is okay. So I have had another very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment