Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gaining hope by having Night Feedings



Night Feedings

Last night I increased how much formula I received per hour by just 5 ml.  During the night I felt like having a snack, so I fixed myself a half of a peanut butter sandwich and ate that while the feeding was still running. When I got up this morning I felt very good. Last night I also tested the battery function of the pump and it works just like it should. It came with a backpack so I can travel and still have my feedings where ever I go.  This is nice to know, even though at the moment I am not planning to go anywhere

I am also eating small meals throughout the day. When my nurse called this afternoon and heard all of this she was very happy. We are getting my digestive system working the way it should. Great news!! None of us have to worry about me starving to death! I must admit I was beginning to think about that possibility. Not a pleasant thought at all. 

My best friend came over for a couple of hours today. It was great to see her but I was saddened to hear of her problems.  There is no way that I know of that I can help her. But I do hope that giving her someone to talk too helped a little. I know in my life it has done me good just to talk, when I knew the other person could not solve my problem. It is that type of good that I hope I was able to give to her today.

Although it saddened me to hear about her problem it actually helped me a little because for a while it got my mind off of my own problems.  I think that it is good for me to continue to think of others. I am very glad she is willing to talk to me like that. When she first learned of my illness she would not do it. She didn’t want to burden me. While that is a very kind thought, I do need to think of things and people other than myself or I will go crazier than I already am. (Okay, brothers of mine, no wise cracks!)

Love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment