Saturday, August 11, 2012

Family


Visit From Family

Why is it that family wait so long to see each other? I think it has been years since I have seen some of my cousins. Ones that live right here in Massachusetts, and I must admit that I did go to visit them in all this time either. But now that we know one of us is dying we are getting together and that is great. I would rather you come and visit me while I am still here instead of waiting to go to my memorial service. 

I had a great visit with these cousins. It was disappointing that my cousins did not have their spouses with them. While we talked I realized that I have not kept up with the children and grandchildren of these family members. I hope that the next time we get together that I can update that information. I was also thrilled to hear that they want copies of the family tree for their side. These cousins are related on my Dad’s side and my Dad was adopted. But it was a private family adoption. However, I could not prove that genealogically speaking until after my dad’s passing. These cousins where thrilled to learn that I had found the proof and would share it with them. This was something that really had bothered their father. 

I hope and pray that more of my friends and relatives that I have not seen in a long time will contact me so that we can see about getting together. These are the people that mean the most to me in my life.  God bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment