Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paving on the lower half of the road



Road Work at 6:30 AM

Yes, that is how my morning started. I heard the rear warning beeps of a dump truck backing down our end of the road. When it got just at the end of our lower driveway it dumped its load. It looked like rich black dirt. Latter I learned that it was ground up asphalt. I was also told that when it cooled it would be just like regular asphalt. Before they were done they dumped 4 truckloads along the lower half of our road and had a small bull dozer type machine smooth it out over the road.  I went to the front door and talked with the ladies that live next door. (A mother & daughter team own the house) they called one of the TV stations and complained about the condition of the road and because of that our road has some sort of paving on it now. I have no idea how long this will last or how good it is. I have not been outside to check it out yet. If I can tomorrow I will go out and take some photo’s to post. I am sure some of my family will want to see this change. By the way they did NOT widen the road at all.

After this excitement I went back to bed for a couple of hours. But I have felt good all day and I have been able to eat table food. Still in small amounts so this is very good. In the morning Katie will be here to do her weekly assessment of my health but I am confident that she will be very happy with how I am doing.  I know I feel very good about how things are going. I don’t really want to gain any weight but I would love to have my weight hit a plato for a while.

I am still eating about 5 to 6 little meals a day and sometimes a midnight snack. My nurse knows this and is very happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment