Friday, August 17, 2012

A quiet Friday in August


Quiet Friday

Today was a quiet day, no branches falling in the neighbor’s yard. Katie was able to come today and change my port needle which is a very good thing, it needs to be done once a week. The poor gal was startled when Brooke came down stairs. She had not met Brooke before. Brooke needed to leave so Frank could fix the weather stripping on  the van but she had to wait. Katie’s car had her blocked in, but Katie was almost done so it was no big deal.

I found the time to write a couple of letters today, I should write more, hopefully I will feel up to writing more tomorrow. This is something I have never been very good at doing. But I guess it is a skill that I need to develop so that I can keep in touch with my friends and family. 

There are a few people who I should write to the old fashion way paper and pen, they don’t have email accounts to my knowledge. So I am going to try to develop a good attitude about doing this.

This evening Mom and I listened to Elder Holland and I really needed the lesson he taught about only looking back enough to say what can I learn from the past, then let the past go. I am sure that many of us need to learn this good lesson. I held a grudge once for several years and I learned the hard way it is too heavy to carry around. It also didn’t make me happy. So I am trying to be a better person. 

The day has been so quiet that there is nothing to write about. I didn’t go anywhere and I didn’t call anyone. I should make some calls tomorrow. I know of two people that I would like to talk to and I hope they would like to talk to me. I wish they had computers and emails, but they don’t.

I will now say good day and wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment