Friday, August 31, 2012

Pictures of the Paving



Unremarkable Day

Around noon I went outside and took a few pictures of the “paving” job the city did on our road yesterday. It is very easy to tell that they took no pride in their work and I think they were just doing it to shut up Channel 22 News. Now if the road had been properly paved it would have taken days. They would have widened the road, put in both city water and sewer and most likely sidewalks on at least one side of the road. None of those things were done, and all of it would have cost Mom money has the home owner. I am sure you have all heard the saying “you get what you pay for.” I will leave it to you to check out the pictures and decide just what kind of a job they did. 

It is supposed to rain on Tuesday, I think it will be very interesting to see what the rain does to the road. Then we will have to see what happens the first time it snows enough to justify being plowed.

I actually put on 2 ½ lbs. this last week. That is okay with all of us. I don’t want to put on much more. Katie and I had a very good talk about just how much I should weight. She wants me to be just a few pounds heavier than someone my age and height and who is healthy.  If I was to catch the flu and lose weight from what a healthy person should weigh it could make me much sicker. Not a good idea, understanding her thinking helps me to agree with her logic and work with her for my good. Tonight I am going to up my feed by another 5 ml. per hour. In the morning it will be very interesting to see if I feel as good as I have for the last four days.

I have found that I am writing a lot more letters than I ever did, but I think this is a good thing. 

My best to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment