Friday, August 3, 2012

3 Aug 2012


Friday

This has been a so so day. From mid-morning on my stomach has been upset. It is very hard to find foods with the right texture to eat.  My visiting nurse came over to see me today and she thinks I am fantastic. I told her that I get very tired very quickly for someone of my age. She says I do a great job of taking care of myself. The way I see it if I don’t take care of me who is going to?

Today one of my friends put a post on facebook that really surprised me. I am stunned by what she said about me. I have never thought of myself has someone other look up to. I am just a simple person who tries to quietly live the teachings that I believe in. I really do NOT want anyone to put me up on a pedestal. I have my faults just like everyone else. And when it comes to dealing with this cancer, I have my bad days, in fact today is one of those. 

I told my nurse, Katie, that I thought that my G Tube had moved so she checked it. It has not moved. Everything checked out just fine. I did remember to give her a list of supplies that I needed. She says they will be delivered on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment