Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday, Monday


Monday’s Down Thoughts

The day is going just fine; however, a very sad and scary thought has finally come to mind. Why can I only eat 4 ounces of food at a time? A month ago I could eat 8 ounces at one time. What has caused this change? My conclusion is that the tumors in my abdominal cavity have grown and are crushing my stomach making it smaller. On Friday I have a doctor’s appointment and I will ask about this then. If they think that this is what is happening then my next question will be can we do another round of radiation therapy and shrink the tumors in my abdominal cavity thus giving my stomach more room? I didn’t react well to chemotherapy so I don’t think they will suggest that type of treatment but I will wait and see what they say.

Sorry for the downer, but from what I am hearing from the few of you that post any response I feel you want to know just what I am going through. Those of you who believe in the power of prayer, would you please pray that the doctor’s know of some way to treat this problem.

However, I feel good because emotionally I have felt good enough for the last couple of days to get back into the projects I want to complete before my death. I do not feel anxious about them I just feel motivated to work on them. I think that is a very good thing for my emotions.

May we all have a good week.

3 comments:

  1. Don't hit the panic button yet. Maybe your stomach's shrinking 'cause you've been putting less in it. You're always in my thoughts and prayers and I do check the blog out, even if I don't comment -- we're chatting on FB and Email so it seems a little silly. Take care, cousin. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being able to eat only 4oz sounds like a real pain and your thoughts on why its happening are scary. I hope you get good news from the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, you are very right about posting here along with the other ways we keep in touch. Please don't feel that you have to post here also.

    Jim, it is a real pain to watch the clock and see if you can eat again. Plus vomiting makes me very tired. When I get home from the doc's I'll let you know what she says.

    ReplyDelete