Thursday, November 29, 2012

Things are normal, if that is possible for a cancer patient!



I have seen the doctor about my G-Tube (feeding tube) and I learned that it is supposed to be changed every 4 to 6 months just to keep it clean and healthy. It was put in six months ago and has not been changed. Now arrangements are being made for me to go in and have this done has an outpatient procedure. There is also no concern about the rash, she wants me to take a small dose of Benadryl to reduce the itching.  

All of this is good and I feel that everything is going normally for a cancer patient. But then just what is normal for a cancer patient? I am accepting this has normal and I am not going to let this bother me.

3 comments:

  1. Normal is liquid under the best of circumstances. Your new normal will change daily. I'm glad the rash isn't an indication of a deeper problem. I remember my issues changing daily 10 years ago. Got so I wasn't really surprised anymore! Love you Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the issues are "normal". Talk to you this weekend...
    Yasmin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl & Yasmin

    Thank you both for your support. I am in a good mood today and part of that is the support I get from you two and others. I am also being blessed by the Spirit of the Lord, He gives me great comfort that no matter how things turn out I will be okay through all of this.

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete