Friday, November 2, 2012

Blood clots giving problems again today, but riding it out at home.



I had a rough day today medically. Just before lunch I started having trouble breathing, but that was good timing. My nurse was due to visit at noon, which gave me medical care right when I needed it. She checked me out and placed a call to my primary cancer doctor, who was at lunch. I had to wait until she got back from lunch before she called me back. By then my nurse had left. She had other patients she had to go and see. Katie and I were both very upset about how long it took for someone to call her back.

Because I was in the hospital just a few days ago she felt that they could do nothing for me at the ER that I could not do for myself here at home. We increased my O2 intake and I took a long nap. When I got up I was breathing easier and my headache was almost gone. I will sleep with the O2 on all night tonight and check my vitals very carefully in the morning.  I was told that if I turned my O2 up to a level 5 or became scared to go to the ER, my O2 is only at a level 2 and my headache is back, plus a back ache. But I am not scared. 

My youngest was activated with the National Guard earlier this week and released and now is being reactivated. He may be going to either New York or New Jersey. They need to help bring fuel down to the people. He has no idea when he would head out first they have to medically check that he is healthy, but we don’t think that will be a problem.
My breathing feels just fine so I am not worried, therefore, I don’t want any of you to be worried for me.
                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment