Saturday, November 3, 2012

slow desolving blood clots



Today I stayed in my pj’s all day and stayed very quiet. I think  it did me a lot of good. Last night I slept with the oxygen on all night something I don’t usually t, but I think it made a big difference for the good so I will do it again tonight too.  

I want to go to Church in the morning but I will wait and see just how I feel at 9:15 and then decide what is best for me. I really enjoy attending Church and socializing with the other Saints. But I know that Jesus expects me to take care of myself. I have read the lessons for both Sunday School class and Relief Society class so I know the topic for each lesson. I am all up to date with reading these lessons. That is a first in my life time. I can’t tell you how many times I have tried to read all the lessons for these classes.  It feels great to actually have done it up to now. I just have to keep it this way for the next 2 months.

My youngest son is on standby, sometime in the next day or two his unit is supposed to go either to New York or New Jersey with fuel for generators. So we have the three girls until he gets back. This is what we anticipated after a call from him yesterday.  This is normal life when someone is in the National Guard. He went to New Orleans a few years ago after Hurricane Katrina. This time he will be delivering fuel instead of searching for bodies.
I am finding that my bed is very uncomfortable and I am going to see about getting an egg crate mattress for it. I am hoping that with the use of an egg crate I could reduce the amount of pain medication I am using. I don’t like how sleepy it makes me. I have a twin size bed so anyone with any ideas please let me know. Ideas right now would be greatly appreciated. 

I said good bye to my nurse Katie yesterday and it was really rotten to be feeling so awful the last day she was here.  She is a wonderful person and because of her I will make it through whatever lays ahead me. Her teaching has been very valuable, she has also given me hope that the new nurse will pick up where she left off.

No comments:

Post a Comment