Monday, November 12, 2012

NEW HOPE PLEASE, PLEASE READ!



Dear friends,

I have a different attitude today, yesterday I was reminded of something that I was told a month ago and had forgotten. And it makes a big difference in how I am looking at things. Thank goodness for this reminder, it has put my mind at ease. Brooke you’re great!

When I started the Mitotane treatment it was explained to me that if it worked correctly that my tumors would swell. The dying cells would be in the center of the tumor and they would swell for a while before being dissolved and washed out of my body! What a big thing to forget!

So now realizing that the tumor on my neck is larger than it was just a few weeks ago no longer discourages me. Instead I am very  ENCOURAGED by this development.  So I am now very hopeful that this treatment is working and that the Lord is blessing me.
Although the swelling of the tumors is very painful I think it could be well worth enduring the pain if it means either the stopping or the reversing of the cancer. Of course, reversing would be the greatest outcome for me but either outcome would be great. 

I do not remember if I explained this when I posted about this treatment or not so I felt that I needed to post about it now. I want all of you to know why I have greater hope, now caused by the greater amount of pain. The pain medication is helping to keep me comfortable. But let me ask you to consider something. Would you be willing to endure a few weeks of pain on a level of about a 5 or a 6 if it meant that down the road you would be much better off? That is what I think I am going through and my answer to this question is YES! I am willing to endure this pain if it will stop the tumors and possibly give me a little longer to live. 

Because you are my friends I really thought you would be interested in why I feel new found hope. I pray that you share in my hopes and prayers that this is what is happening in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment