Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday in my life



BLACK Friday, Hi everyone, yesterday was a wonderful day. I spent 6 hours at my younger brothers’ house with family. They fixed two turkeys, one the traditional way and the other was wrapped in bacon, yes, I said bacon. The one with bacon was moister and if you like the hint of bacon on your turkey you will like it.

Now six hours from home did take a lot out of me. Cookie, (my VNA nurse), came to see me today. We agreed that my current pain medication is not working for me. So on Monday we are changing my medication. Now relax we have very good reasons for waiting until Monday. Too many people have taken today and the weekend off.  Cookie wants to be able to talk to the right people before we even start to make the change. She will NOT take a chance of putting me in uncontrollable pain. She explained her plain in great detail and I am in full agreement with her plan to do this.  Because she is waiting until Monday she has made some changes in my current pain management to keep me as comfortable as she can between now and then. I understand and agree with what she is doing and I would not have it any other way.  Please be happy for me about this.

NOTICE: I do not live anywhere near the gas explosion that happened at about 5:30 today November 23, 2012, in Springfield, MA. In fact Mom and I did not even feel anything from it, we are just fine! I had just got up before the gas explosion. Mom had just turned on the TV news.  We have no plans to leave the house! I feel bad for the people who live and work in the area of this explosion. The news is not covering anything but this story. I wonder just how many apartments are involved in this event. 

Now to get back to my nurses visit; she instructed me to spend the entire day resting. I have followed her instruction. She came at lunch time and we had a great weekly visit. Other than being tired I am doing just fine.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure glad you and mom were not out club hopping and watching strippers last night when the explosion happened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that great laugh Mom said we weren't going until tomorrow. LOL But that was on my bucket list (NOT)

    ReplyDelete