Monday, October 1, 2012

Quiet days are great days



Today was a very quiet day. I received two deliveries of medical supplies, sorted out one small box and continued my study of the scriptures with my Mom. There are more things that I need to get done. 

Oops, I also prepared a memory stick for my cousin Dan, he is going to try to stop by this week. He has a memory stick for me also. It actually took me less time to prepare the files for him than I expected to. He wants all of my genealogy, even my mother’s side of the family. Along with the photo file I have connected to it. Telling the copied genealogy file to connect the correct photos is what took the most time. 

The next big project with the genealogy that I have already done is to separate my mom’s side from my dad’s side for those who want it that way. Along with doing the same separation of the photo’s file, creating two new files. 

Anyone who is familiar with PAF 5.2 and has any suggestions for this project please feel free to share them. Or, just a standard file of photographs, were the pictures are listed mostly by first names. Of course I have Barbara’s on both sides of my tree, along with a lot of other duplicate names. Creating the two gedcom files in PAF is easy; it is really the photo file that is the big project. I am certain that I don’t know every little thing that the program is able to do so send your ideas if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment