Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The sidewalk is coming along.



Today has been quieter than I expected it to be. We currently have a group of boys here who range in age from 12 to 18 and their dad’s preparing the sidewalk so that it can be poured on Saturday. I should tell you that it is after 7 pm in New England and very dark outside. Thank goodness for spotlights that are in use out there. They seem to know what they are doing and Mom and I are staying in the house totally out of the way.

I have had a very good day. Monday evening I really made a mess in my room so that they could set up the oxygen machines. Pacing myself it took a couple of hours today to get the room back into descent shape. I had thought that it would take a lot longer than it did. I guess it looked worse than it was.

Tomorrow my VNA nurse needs to be here by noon or I will have to change the pain cassette myself. I know how to do it but they are not ready to let me do it without them here to watch me.

It is now 8:30 and the work crew has left in the dark I can’t tell just how much they got done. I also don’t know exactly what they were doing so even in the daylight tomorrow I won’t know what I am looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment