Monday, October 15, 2012

The Lovely Autumn Leaves



I took a lovely ride up north to see the autumn leaves with a dear friend. Part of the reason I went is because my Mom thought I needed time out of the house. I think it was more she needed time for me to be out from under her foot. She says we live in each other’s hip pocket. But no matter how the trip came about I had a great time. We talked about all kinds of things saw lovely leaves and huge cords and neat old homes along with nice big mansions. Then I got a call from another friend, we spent over an hour and a half on the phone. We too talked about everything it was a lovely visit.

I am a bit tired because I missed my nap but that is okay. I only got half of 1 milk crate emptied so far today, but I am okay with that. I feel that as long as I worked on it then I am doing okay. Right now the rain is coming down very hard so I wonder how much longer anyone can go looking at the fall leaves. This might have been the end of it. But I don’t know.

I told both of my friends today that I am a bit worried about what is ahead of me. The doctors have already told me that this treatment is a tough one. But until I talk with the training Nurse Practitioner I don’t know just what that means. I am just very glad that they haven’t gotten to the point of saying that there is nothing more we can try. I think that day is ahead of me but I have no idea how far away it is.

I know what I just wrote might sound very down to all of you but I am not as down as it may sound. I believe that my true friends and relatives want to know honestly how I am feeling about what is going on. So now let me tell you the up side of things. Most of you know that I have a very strong belief in God and faith in His goodness. I have prayed that He will allow me to live long enough to organize the last of my genealogy so that I can pass it on to others that want it. I am finding genealogy information all over the house. But I believe that if I work on this every day, except Sunday, that the Lord will grant my request.  Right now while I go through my boxes and crates and the like I am getting all of my papers together along with throwing out the junk that I can’t figure out why I ever kept the stuff.  Once I have it all put together all of the genealogy paper then I will get to really have fun. But I must work before I can play.

Please don’t be sad for me because I am looking forward to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment