Friday, October 12, 2012

I am back to my cleaning out project



Today three milk crates were brought down for me to empty. I emptied two, but one only had 3 small items in it, so I really only emptied just one. The other one will wait until tomorrow. This stack of crates only has two left.  It looks like that pile will be completed by Wednesday. Then some things need to be moved before anyone can get to the other stack of crates. But that will work out just fine. After Wednesday I have no idea how I will feel.

Of course, we have no idea how long it will take for me to feel any side effects from this new treatment. Most of the people I know have had either chemotherapy or radiation therapy not what I am having next. The doctors are not calling it chemotherapy, so my mom gave it a name, fumigation therapy. Let’s face it they are treating me has if I was a “bug”. By the way, when mom came out with this name I laughed. After all I would rather laugh my way to the grave, then to cry my way there. So please feel free to laugh with us.

At dinner time we had a little excitement. I had turned on the oven to pre-heat the oven for a frozen pizza. When it was time to put the pizza in I opened the oven door and slammed it shut right away! Mom had no idea what I was doing. Then I told her that there was a fire in the oven. The flames were 3 or 4 inches high. This is a self-cleaning oven what would it have done if she had turned that on? We have no idea and we don’t want to find out the hard way. We think it was the drippings from an apple pie she made last week. We cooked the pizza in the microwave, but It didn’t come out as good as it would have cooked in the oven, but it was okay.
To all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment