Monday, October 8, 2012

I am Glad to Live in America



My youngest son and one of his friends stopped by; while Frank was here I had him bring down another box for me to sort through. I thought that I would do that box tomorrow, but I did do it today and most of it will be given away. The box that had been waiting since Saturday is also done. I quickly discovered it was full of family photos. So I want to keep those. After I scrape book what I want I will sort them and give each son a collections of photos from his life. This means that I have now started a second box to go to charity has been started.
I have now finished cleaning out the closet of my stuff. So tomorrow I start the next phase of the project.  That is shelving and boxes in the room itself. Dividing cleaning out the house into these little projects is working out very well for me. I hope you can be happy for my kids. They are the ones who will benefit the most by this work. They won’t have to do it after I have passed on.
I have no idea why but some of my sons have friends who also look at me has a mother figure. One of those young men stopped by today to see how I was doing. That was very nice of him. 

They seemed to have had a little mix up at the distribution office about sending out my medication, but it finally got delivered today which is a real good thing. I still need a nurse to come and finish teaching me how to change the cassette. There is a change to the concentration of the medication and I do not know how to make that change in my machine.

Today is a holiday and the nurse that is covering is being very attentive to the situation. We all agree that it would be a very bad thing for me to run completely out of the medication. When I got up from my afternoon nap, (boy, I sound like a 2 yr. old child), I was going to give them another hour and then call the office. But in that hour the office has called and shorty after that the medication was delivered. After the delivery was made I called the office back and left a message, but I don’t know if that means that nurse is now on her way or if they are going to wait until the level reads just 05.0 ml left in the machine. If I get that low they get a phone call regardless of the time! I am at 16.1 (and it is 4pm) so I am okay for a while.

The evening nurse called and she had received my message about the cassette and we both feel that I have enough medication to wait until my nurse comes at noon tomorrow. So, all is well in that area of my life. 

Rats, and double rats, the adhesive they use to hold the dressing for my port needle down is driving me nuts. It makes my skin break out in a very itchy rash! I wish I could find something to use that didn’t bother my skin. If anyone knows of anything please assume that we have not tried it and let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Suzie,
    I hope they've tried the paper adhesive tape? That's supposed to cause the least amount of problems with skin allergies. Laurie

    ReplyDelete