Sunday, October 7, 2012

Great Way to start the Month



Conference Sunday

Today has been a very lovely peaceful day. It has taken years but I now love conference weekends. I truly look forward to listening to the leaders of the Church and want to heed the warnings they give to us. I heard things over the two days that will help me to endure this battle with cancer, and do it with greater peace. The words from the Lord through these leaders were truly comforting to my soul. This is a rhetorical question but I will ask it anyway. Shouldn’t true religion give comfort to the dying soul? I feel that, that is what has happened to me this weekend and I pray that all of you will be happy for me.

Physically I feel better today; I think it is because I am more adjusted to the change in my medication than yesterday. I also haven’t needed the bolus (demand) doses of the medication has much today. 

Those of my friends that share my faith and were able to watch conference I hope you also feel uplifted from it has I do. Because conference takes up a total of 8 hours Mom and I are not doing our scripture studies this weekend we will go back to them tomorrow. It would be overload at this point.

I have tried to read part of the academic paper the doctor gave to me and I know I understood a small amount of it. But tomorrow a very kind friend will come and try help me understand more. I look forward to this conversation with her.

Sunday being a day of rest, I pray that all of you have had a very quiet and peaceful day and that you will have a great week. Till I write tomorrow peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment