Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Busy but very Wonderful Tuesday



Today has been a very busy day. Over the course of the day 6 people came to see us. All of the visits were delightful, however with my new pain level and increasing the amount of medication I am taking has made tired than before.  I am sure I will adjust to all of this. Katie taught me new things for caring for myself I now know how to change the cassette in my machine. This is a great thing, because I was almost empty when she got here. If she had been delayed or couldn’t have come for some reason, I would be suffering because of not knowing this very simple thing.

This evening I noticed a small swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck, this is a first for that side of my neck. I suppose it goes with the other new pains on the right side of my body. 

 I know that emotionally I will feel much better after I have spoken with the doctor’s on Friday. Once a plan has been created and a start date for implementing it is given I will relax a great deal. My biggest fear is for them to say that they can’t do any more treatments! But it has been implied to me that I would have many more treatments ahead of me back in July. 

Two large boxes where brought down from the floor of my bedroom closet. I thought it would take me four days to get through them, taking a day for half a box.  But the first box I opened was not full and it went so quickly and easily that I got the entire box done today.  I was very tempted to start the second box but the pain reminded me that I had to pace myself so I did not do it. I was good and left it for tomorrow. 

Saturday at the Women’s Conference at Church before it started we all had a lovely chance to sit and visit with each other and I need to say thank you to all the sisters. You ladies were very kind to me and it is greatly appreciated. I am very grateful for everyone’s kindness and thoughtfulness for my Mom. It is so nice to know that so many consider just what she is going through has well. Also several of you expressed encouragement for my DE cluttering project, along with life itself. Plus one sister said that she finds these posts that I write well written and uplifting, that totally surprised me and a great big thank you for those kind words. 

It has been wonderful to find out just how many friends I really have and just how deeply you all care. Your kind and quiet concern for my well-being is felt and very appreciated. In my mind the Lord has surrounded me with his angels and you my friends and family are the ones He has sent to comfort and strengthen me through this trail in life. Each and every one of you in your own ways are doing just that for which the words thank you just falls short of how I feel. It is my prayer that somehow you will come to understand just how grateful both Mom and I feel for each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment