Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Very Restful Sunday



Friday and Saturday turned out to be very busy for me and all of next week is also going to be busy for me. So today I have really taken has a day of rest. I did not go to Church instead I got another few hours of sleep and I hope to go to bed early tonight.  Physically and mentally I needed to rest and that is just what I have done.   

I did do a little puttering around in my room but it only took me a very few minutes.  Here it is at 7pm and I can barely keep my eyes open. But lately I have found it very easy to sleep. Of course sleep is a side effect of my pain killer.  I wish that it wasn’t the case but it is worth it to be comfortable.

There is nothing of interest going on. The young men from Church will be over this Wednesday evening to help prepare to put in the sidewalk my Mom wants. It will go from the road into the yard to the front steps. And Don Jr. is going to place a light pole out by the road so that it shines from there to the large trees that are about half way down the path that is being paved over.  This winter it will be much easier for Mom to get out of the house. The boys will be able to use the snow blower to keep it clean and there will be no tree roots to obstruct the path of her walker. Plus with the use of rock salt we can keep it save. I believe the boys are going to dig the space and build the forms so that the concrete can be poured on Saturday.  I am very happy that this is being done. They are saying that we will have a normal New England winter and without the light and sidewalk Mom would be home bond. There is no reason for that to be the case.

On Wednesday evening I will update you on just how the sidewalk project has gone. But  I will drop a line or two before that. In the meantime have a great day.  (EST 7:13 pm or 19:13 military time)

No comments:

Post a Comment