Friday, October 19, 2012

Crazy changes that I can make to my treatment



I saw my primary Cancer Doctors today they both think that I look great. They are both please with how the first two days have gone and said I don’t need to come back for 3 or 4 weeks. But like always if there are any changes I should call right away. So it will be that long before they nudge the dose up at all. How I am tolerating this medication and my quality of life is very very important to them. They strongly believe in “do no harm”, which is always good to hear. 

I learned today that if this treatment does its job the tumor will die from the center out and that will cause an increase in the amount of pain at the site of the tumor. They explained that the dead cells expand and put pressure on the outer area of the tumor, until they are flushed out of the mass. So the tumor may get a little larger before it gets smaller. I find the process of things like this very fascinating and find the creation of the human body totally awesome. 

The doctors believe that I can cut and crush the Mitotane pill, however, I must take a lot of precautions in doing so. I am happy to learn this because of the constriction of my throat that happens from time to time. I will have to have separate supplies for this from pill crusher to syringe and special medicine cups. It will be crazy what I will have to do. But it is well worth it for the sake of my loved ones.

I have a friend that calls each day a grand new adventure. Well, I don’t know that I would call this grand but it sure is new. 

Best to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment