Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Inventions


When it comes to food today was not a good day. Rita came by with the completed “bag” that she made for my PAC machine. It is attached to a belt and hangs down by my right leg. It is great because I don’t forget to grab it when I need to get up.  This is a great move toward my being more comfortable with my machinery. 

I am very grateful for the modern marvels that have allowed me to come home instead of living in the hospital or a nursing home. I have no idea when the medical world developed the feeding tube, and then made it possible for the patient to go home with it and feeding themselves. Without the feeding tube I would have already died. Then when you think of the PCA machine for my pain medicine, how much more comfortable I am. The pain that I would have had to suffer a few years ago just frightens me to think of. 

I also was blessed with a visit from a very nice young man, an honorary son. He has been trying to get up to visit me for months and today he did. The visit was short but it was good to see him. This young man has surprised me with his interest in my health. It is so nice to know that other people care about you. I hope he knows that I truly care about him also.

I have noticed that in the last couple of days I am having more pain in my left lower flank. I have needed to take more extra doses of medicine. I told my nurse when she called me this morning and she offered to alter the machine so that I get more on the regular plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment