Saturday, July 14, 2012

How to scare yourself


Morning Fright

I started the day by stepping on the IV tubing, which is so short I should not be able to do that. So I checked out the tubing and sure enough a small section of it had come disconnected so I had a problem. After shutting off the pump I called the VNA service and the on call nurse called me right back. She was very calm and walked me through how to reconnect and restart the machine. So I was back with my friend the medicine within just a few minutes.

I have had a great day. Around 4 pm I started feeling crappy. I have a headache and an upset stomach. I wish I knew just what I could do for myself. I am surprised that I have any pain with all the pain medication I am on. The upset stomach crap is getting to be the norm. I pray that it will change soon.

I am hearing that a lot of you were looking for word on how I was while I was in the hospital. Before this type of thing happens again I will try figure who I can get to help me by going on to the blog and updating others. Sorry about leaving all of you wondering.

Mom says that I think too much. So today I thought I would give you a sample of some of the things I think about. I hope you find something interesting and maybe even uplifting.

Mom and I are still sitting here in awe of the miracles of today’s medical world. With a feeding tube how long ago would that have kept me in hospital for the rest of my life. Also it wasn’t that long ago that the pain medication would have kept me in the hospital. Actually it still depends on just what is wrong with you if you get to use this technically. In fact I had a doctor who tried to me that I could NOT go home with this IV machine.

These two items have not only allowed me not get out of the hospital but these things will also allow me to really live my life. President Gordon B. Hinckley, (late president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) was known for saying that we live in a great age. I have learned from his comments to look for all the good that things have to offer.

I am also amazed at how the treatment for cancer is processing. I have no idea just how long ago people with my form of cancer would have suffered with the problem trying to swallow and not being able to eat. Do people without insurance or in third world countries still suffer and die from this form of cancer. I actually wondered just how much care I would be able to get for myself. Due to how rare this form of cancer and the fact that Springfield is not one of the country’s largest cities. I wondered if I could find a doctor who had any experience treating my form of cancer. I was afraid that I could not get treatment because I could not afford to travel to where the doctor was located. But I am being blessed; I have a local doctor who has treated this adrenal cancer before. I hope you can look at your life and find all of the good that you have been able to receive instead of just looking at all the bad.  (Count your blessings!)





No comments:

Post a Comment