Friday, July 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home


Home Sweet Home

It is really great to be home.  Dorothy, in the “’Wizard of Oz”, got it right when she said “There is no place like home.” It is so nice to do things at my pace. But I still feel that if I had to be in the hospital then I am very glad that I was on the floor I was on.  I am very happy to say that even the housekeeping staff were offering to help me with anything they could.

The major part of my stay in the hospital I really don’t remember. So I can only tell you about the last five days of my stay. To those of you who came to the hospital to visit me or tried to talk to me on the phone I am sorry if I was rude to you in anyway. One couple came to visit and must have seen how out of it I was and cut their visit short. According to my Mom, I called her after their visit and told her how grateful I was that they were so sensitive to my health.

After I came back to myself in the last few days of this hospitalization, Mom said something about this same couple offering to come to the house and help her with things here. When she told me of their offer she said that they were thrilled to hear that I had made such improvement since their visit to the hospital. It was then that I realized that I had lost several days from my memory.

On my last day in the hospital while traveling to D’Amour for treatment, I said something to the team on the ambulance. One had never transported me before but the other team member had and said that one time I was clearly not myself. I was much better on my last day.

So I have no idea who called or took the time to stop by. Either way thank-you for thinking of me, I pray that the Lord has or will bless you for such thoughtfulness.

I said it is nice to be on my own schedule, but today I have had to spend half of my time giving myself a “feed” through my feeding tube. The back of my throat is still too sore for me to try any soft food just yet, but it is getting better. The other half of the day I have spent sleeping to let my food digest.

No comments:

Post a Comment