Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday & stormy life


Stormy Thursday
We have been told to watch for bad weather, but so far nothing in our part of town. I am very happy to hear that. We had enough bad weather last year to last a decade.
One of my sons noticed my comment about only having 1 balloon left and showed up today with 3, but the wise guy made sure one had writing on it. He got me a black balloon with “Over The Hill” on it.  Then we talked about some Tai Chi moves I could do to strengthen my lungs. He is big into the martial arts and knows others that are very much into Tai Chi, his friend suggested a few simple moves. They both feel that this will help me be able to go places without being winded so easily. I have nothing to lose so I am going to give them a try.
I fear that there is still some sort of blockage in my digestive system. Today when my lunch didn’t stay down, I could tell it hadn’t even started to be digested. This was over an hour and half after eating. Something seems to be very wrong. I will call the doctor tomorrow and leave a message. I don’t know if there is anything else they can do. But they can’t do anything if I don’t talk to them. This is a rotten blow, food being my only vice in life. But then life is supposed to be a test. This will be a tough test to take.
Other than that I am doing well, the soreness in my throat is almost gone. The site where the G Tube was placed is almost completely healed and it has been less than a month since it was placed.
After I get my nutrition under greater control I will be able to work on building some strength and getting back to living. I need to be able to walk farther than I now am able to do. I want to be able to go to Church on Sunday’s and stay for the entire 3 hours. I would like to be able to go out and attend other social functions of all kinds. I know that many of you may think of me has being a bit of a home body. But I do like to get out. Going to work and getting out of the house that way was nice, but I don’t have that.  In fact right now I can’t get out to see my friends, and half of them don’t drive so they can’t get here to visit me. That is a real downer. Phone visits are nice but I like face to face visits better.

No comments:

Post a Comment